Code of Conduct
The Alaska Startups Code of Conduct applies to Ideator and all social media, forums, events, and interactions within our community.
- Every community lives and dies by the contributions of the people in it. The entrepreneurship and innovator community is no different. #GiveFirst means give before you receive - support other startups, show up to events, and volunteer time, money, and/or resources to help initiatives that build the community. In return, appreciate the help others give you.
2. Honesty & Integrity
- Be direct, honest, and transparent.
- Protect sensitive information. Any information that is not publicly available is sensitive and should be treated as such.
- Disclose conflicts of interest.
- Do not steal assets or content.
- Our community is non-hostile, open, and welcoming.
- Diversity drives innovation. Encourage participation and feedback from people with diverse backgrounds, opinions, and expertise.
- "Don't assume malice when ignorance will suffice." Do not assume someone's intention is harm. Give them the benefit of a bad day, not knowing the full story, or misinterpretation.
4. Action Counts
- Ideas are only worth as much as the actions you take to make them a reality.
- Help create better content, events, communications, and opportunities.
5. Startups are hard.
- Don't make them harder.